Healthy Lifestyle Choices.
While your body is growing and changing there are lots of things you can do to help yourself to feel healthy and energised. This is where you will find information about diet, sleep and exercise that will help you to keep your body healthy.
Look After Yourself
- Eat breakfast before school and enjoy a healthy lunch, it will help you concentrate.
- Drink at least seven glasses (about 2 litres) of fluid a day, preferably water.
- Carry your school bag on both shoulders and keep heavy books in a locker.
- Keep yourself clean and fresh by washing everyday and change your clothes regularly.
- Be active for at least 60 minutes a day.
- Turn off electrical screens an hour before bed, they can interrupt sleep.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and visit the dentist every 6 months.
- Don’t forget to be yourself!
What is a learning disability? Learning disabilities may present in a variety of different ways and will vary enormously from one individual to another. Whilst some disabilities may be visible, others may not. Some people may require high levels of care and be highly...
During the summer months it is very important to be careful while outside, especially during 11am and 3pm as this is when the sun is at its strongest. The skin is the body’s largest organ so to help protect it during the hot summer months you should always try to,...
Deaf Awareness Week is about promoting the positive aspects of living with deafness. It aims to raise awareness of the isolation that deaf people can occasionally experience and promote the importance of social inclusion around the deaf community.There are over 10...