Healthy Lifestyle Choices.
While your body is growing and changing there are lots of things you can do to help yourself to feel healthy and energised. This is where you will find information about diet, sleep and exercise that will help you to keep your body healthy.
Look After Yourself
- Eat breakfast before school and enjoy a healthy lunch, it will help you concentrate.
- Drink at least seven glasses (about 2 litres) of fluid a day, preferably water.
- Carry your school bag on both shoulders and keep heavy books in a locker.
- Keep yourself clean and fresh by washing everyday and change your clothes regularly.
- Be active for at least 60 minutes a day.
- Turn off electrical screens an hour before bed, they can interrupt sleep.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and visit the dentist every 6 months.
- Don’t forget to be yourself!
How are you? No really, how are you? Because life has been a bit strange over the last few months. Life as we knew it changed very quickly. What did you miss the most? I missed long walks at the beach. 2020 has brought us more than just a global pandemic, including...
I am the named School Nurse for Tomlinscote Senior School. I provide a monthly lunchtime drop in session for the student as well as seeing people on a 1:1 basis when required. As a team we try and support our local senior schools with lunchtime health promotion stands...
What is it? Coronavirus is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called ‘COVID-19’. What are the symptoms? Almost everyone who gets Coronavirus gets a fever, a cough or both. Most of the people who get a fever get tired. A lot of...