Healthy Lifestyle Choices.
While your body is growing and changing there are lots of things you can do to help yourself to feel healthy and energised. This is where you will find information about diet, sleep and exercise that will help you to keep your body healthy.
Look After Yourself
- Eat breakfast before school and enjoy a healthy lunch, it will help you concentrate.
- Drink at least seven glasses (about 2 litres) of fluid a day, preferably water.
- Carry your school bag on both shoulders and keep heavy books in a locker.
- Keep yourself clean and fresh by washing everyday and change your clothes regularly.
- Be active for at least 60 minutes a day.
- Turn off electrical screens an hour before bed, they can interrupt sleep.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and visit the dentist every 6 months.
- Don’t forget to be yourself!
When you think of November, it’s easy to write it off as the month between Halloween and Christmas when very little happens. But there’s plenty to enjoy and feel happy about in the eleventh month of the year! There’s the autumn weather and crispy leaves. The...
This year World Mental Health Day falls on Sunday 10 OctoberHere are some top tips of looking after your own wellbeing: Get creative – try drawing, painting, photography or creative, writing, singing, or playing and instrument, dance or drama or making something out...
This year National Fitness Day is asking ‘what does fitness mean to you?’ and aims to celebrate the fact that fitness means different things to all of us. We asked some young people across Surrey and this is what they told us: “exercise and healthy eating” “being...