Healthy Lifestyle Choices.
While your body is growing and changing there are lots of things you can do to help yourself to feel healthy and energised. This is where you will find information about diet, sleep and exercise that will help you to keep your body healthy.
Look After Yourself
- Eat breakfast before school and enjoy a healthy lunch, it will help you concentrate.
- Drink at least seven glasses (about 2 litres) of fluid a day, preferably water.
- Carry your school bag on both shoulders and keep heavy books in a locker.
- Keep yourself clean and fresh by washing everyday and change your clothes regularly.
- Be active for at least 60 minutes a day.
- Turn off electrical screens an hour before bed, they can interrupt sleep.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and visit the dentist every 6 months.
- Don’t forget to be yourself!
This year National Fitness Day is asking ‘what does fitness mean to you?’ and aims to celebrate the fact that fitness means different things to all of us. We asked some young people across Surrey and this is what they told us: “exercise and healthy eating” “being...
Healthy Eating Week takes place from 14 to18 June and focuses on five key themes to find a healthier you. The themes are: Know the facts Make a healthier choice Plan for success Be the chef Keep moving So let’s have a look at them and see how they can support...
Mental Health Awareness Week is a yearly event encouraging the whole of the UK to focus on good mental health. This year it is running from 10 to16 May. It is open to everyone regardless of background and is all about starting conversations around mental health and...