Healthy Lifestyle Choices.
While your body is growing and changing there are lots of things you can do to help yourself to feel healthy and energised. This is where you will find information about diet, sleep and exercise that will help you to keep your body healthy.
Look After Yourself
- Eat breakfast before school and enjoy a healthy lunch, it will help you concentrate.
- Drink at least seven glasses (about 2 litres) of fluid a day, preferably water.
- Carry your school bag on both shoulders and keep heavy books in a locker.
- Keep yourself clean and fresh by washing everyday and change your clothes regularly.
- Be active for at least 60 minutes a day.
- Turn off electrical screens an hour before bed, they can interrupt sleep.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and visit the dentist every 6 months.
- Don’t forget to be yourself!
What is it? Coronavirus is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called ‘COVID-19’. What are the symptoms? Almost everyone who gets Coronavirus gets a fever, a cough or both. Most of the people who get a fever get tired. A lot of...
Whether you love to sleep (like my dog!) or prefer to stay up all night, sleep is important to our emotional and physical health. So, given it was World Sleep Day on Friday 13th March we thought we would look at why sleep is important. It is organized by...
Wow, where did that term go!It has been a busy term; we hope that those of you that have started a new school have settled in well. The school nurses have been into lots of schools and met the new year 7’s, if we haven’t been into your school yet then look...